Hey, I can‘t open the exe file and my Kaspersky deletes the file, after I download it. Can I get a refund on it?
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Yardlings is a local multiplayer battle arena!
In this game your goal is to gain control over the entire yard and you are competing against others.
You play as a hero, like a tomato - a strong unit - you can easily take out 2 or 3 small mushrooms, but you won't stand a chance against bigger groups of enemies.
That's why the key to win is to gather your own forces and tactically place your troops at the right places at the right times.
You have a few options.
- attack potted plants to claim them. pots will spawn units over time! this is the fastest way to gain a following
- attack flowers in flower gardens to claim those gardens. flowers heal and help evolve units in range. they also shoot seeds at enemies that are in range.
- flowers will also grow petals over time and become stronger with them. when a flower is fully grown it'll spawn very strong units! the flowers grow faster when there are more units guarding it, so consider stationing some units in a garden once in a while.
- you can either decide to run around picking up troops and stationing them, but from time to time you'll also want to help out in a fight. don't worry, you'll respawn at your base garden if you get defeated, unless your base got taken over..
when helping out, you might want to use your special ability. dealing damage will fill your special meter. once it's full use your special ability!
there are different types of specials and they can make a real difference if used right. to get these special abilities, pick them up at special ability plants!
How to win
there are 2 ways to win
1. control enough flower gardens to take full control
2. destroy and claim the base gardens of your opponent(s). if you do so, you'll be the only one left standing!
- spacebar (keyboard) or A (gamepad) to attack
- Z (keyboard) or X (gamepad) to call units to follow you
- X (keyboard) or B (gamepad) to dismiss units that follow you
- C (keyboard) or Y (gamepad) to use your special ability
made for the Sokpop Patreon
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Update version 1.1Apr 22, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey will this be made available on Steam?
Yes, it will! Might take a few more days before it gets accepted there.
just played the, I really like it! I love these simple strategy games.
I was playing with my gf 1 vs 1 in free for all. (without ai)
Everytime me or my gf destroys 1 of eachother's flowers, this person wins eventhough we still have 1 or 2 of these flowers left. is this normal?
thank you!! yes your starting flower is your base flower. if it gets captured you're done!
well, when we play, we didn't capture eachother's base flower.
for example, I take the flower in the middle. and after that my gf destroys or takes the flower in the middle, and she wins. I still have my base flower. or am I missing something? : p
The game isn't recognizing input from my ps4 controller. Is there a way to fix this?
are you on windows or mac?
The game won't open for me on MacOS, it says "Unable to find game".
Try moving the executable to a different folder and running it from there :)
Sokpop, here's how to fix this problem in Mac OS X. :)
"Create a .dmg instead of a .zip.
a. Generate the executable in GameMaker, which makes a .zip
b. Extract the .zip to get the app
c. Place the app in a folder by itself (unless you want to include other files/documentation)
d. Open Disk Utility, and do File -> New Image -> New Image From Folder (or cmd+shift+N), and choose that folder
e. Distribute the generated .dmg instead of the .zip generated by GameMaker"